Tuesday, 15 March 2011

A quench for a delighted vacation


The tedious Dubai schooldays  and piled up homework were two most important reasons to why I used to look forward for those heavenly bunch of summer holidays..Well,I was just probably in my second grade then and I can freshly remember the excitement myself and my sister had, to pack our funny looking shoulder bags,stuff them with digests,something to munch onto from the airplanes,some newly bought toys to show off backhome  and that’s all a vacation meant! Kerala is where we spent most of our holidays.
North Kerala to be specific in the Malabar regions. 


 The notion that we shared  about our hometown was so concise. The place where our parents were raised was indeed very fascinating  for how the kids used to set off to school walking miles,no heavy trolley bags running behind but only a handy black slate and pencil, the vegetable vendor ringing his four legged vehicle bell once he arrives, the morning ragas from the nearby temples before the sun rises,the starry eyes with which the young school going kids used to peep through our house to get a glimpse of two young visitors from abroad.. Honestly my sis and I used to enjoy the attention. As we grew,this still remained confined and there wasn’t anything else except the monsoon rains that brought a difference to it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. This really reminds me of my Vacations now! Chechi.. it was a splendid description! :D

    ReplyDelete