It was one such a day when my Dad held my little finger and invited me to go with him to a place. He told me that he was taking me to see The "God" in real.. I took the pride in being the eldest at home as I was the fortunate one this time more than my sister to witness the “God” in real much before she did.
I asked him too many questions on the way to kill my innocent curious mind,but for all of them he smiled back and told me to pray well and hold his hands tight till we got back.
He crossed even the temple and we kept walking till we reached one of our ancestral homes that looked so huge and had so many people young and old welcoming the both of us. My eyes still searched for the "God" we came to see. All I had to do was wait till it was time . In a spur of a minute my eyes caught a red Flashy Thing running towards the house and everybody rising from their seats with their palms closed. I was frightened because what I saw was not the way "God" was supposed to look, but a human form painted fully red with bizarre head dress, ornated with huge accessories everywhere and expression so ferocious that all I wanted to do was rush to my Dad with blurry eyes.
This scene could be vague now if I try to recollect it in my mind.That was the first time I saw “Theyyam-“
The word "Theyyam" originated from ‘Daivam’ means nothing but "God". This outstanding ancient form of North Kerala which we proudly and solely own ..
hey chiku chechi !
ReplyDeletegreat to see u blog !
love
nandu
Thanks a bunch Nandu! :)
ReplyDeletelove
Nice initiative dear.. Go ahead..!! :-)
ReplyDeleteNice one chixx....
ReplyDeleteSnapz copyrited by Me :p :P :P